Its a different game all-together now, increase in user profile and behavior analysis has changed the way how businesses, marketers, social media and online business have started to look and target their audience.
Every business target their audience in a unique way, email being one of the easiest way.
Past one week i haven’t deleted any of my emails and was digging through all of them and i realized there are so may email i even don’t need or i never realized i have been receiving them.
I use gmail and i like the way they have segmented and simplified their mailbox in Primary, Social, Promotion, Updates and you can add you own tab as well.
I will bullet all my experience below:
- I recently bought a ticket from spirit airlines for Halloween and they have already started pushing deals for Thanksgiving.
- I get a daily deal from MyHabit, everyday before noon which is very exclusive and
- Call It Spring is another online store to buy shoes and the good thing is once you but a product from then you’re already in their mailing list, so the deals and push notifications are never ending and i did not unsubscribe in anticipation of really getting getting a good deal someday.
- Another notification i have been receiving is for hotels all the travel business that are either having tie ups with Airlines or with other data system knows that i am going to travel this week so for them I am the target audience.
- Banks plays a vital role in keeping their client updated with all their account update, which i really find beneficial.
Being a part of NYU i have another email with .edu domain and i receive all internal communications from NYU in that email address.
One thing which i can definitely talk about is NYU’s Halloween Bash and i have been receiving emails for that in every couple of days with a link to buy the tickets but i can see a change in the frequency of email as the event is coming near.
I think i should end it here because email and its strategy is enormous and if i keep on expressing my view it will go long and long and long.
Enjoy Halloween 🙂